My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per serving:
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 20 picked parsley leaves
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 russet potato, peeled, diced and blanched
- Kernels from 1 ear corn, or 1 cup frozen kernels
- 20 fresh fava beans, blanched
- 1 fresh piquillo pimento or 1 canned pimento, finely chopped
- 20 green peas, fresh or frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black
- pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add shallot, garlic and parsley leaves, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until just softened. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add potato and corn, and continue to cook for 2 minutes more. Add favas, pimento and peas, and stir together. Season to taste, heat through, and serve on side.
Pinot Noir has many faces: the fruity face, the firm face, the gregarious face, the reserved face, the French face, the American face. Fortunately, mushrooms are equally varied, allowing for more precise food-wine pairings here. An earthy risotto with full-flavored mushrooms such as shiitakes calls for a rich American Pinot. If you are aiming for a milder palate, select a wine with a lighter taste such as a leaner Burgundy.