Nan-e Nokhodchi (Roasted Chickpea Four-Leaf Clover Cookies)
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMAKES ABOUT 40 COOKIES
Amount Per COOKIE:
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tsp. finely ground cardamom
- 1 Tbs. rose water
- 4 1/2 cups fine, roasted chickpea flour, sifted 3 times
- 4 Tbs. unsalted, slivered pistachios for garnish
- Combine oil, sugar, cardamom and rose water in bowl, and mix for 2 minutes until white and creamy. Add chickpea flour all at once, and mix for 1 minute until dough is no longer sticky. Dust work surface with chickpea flour, knead dough 2 minutes by hand and flatten dough on surface until 6 inches square and 3/4-inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap, place on plate and let rest for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Unwrap dough. Use cloverleaf cookie cutter, and cut out dough. Place cookies on nonstick cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch between pieces to allow for spreading. Decorate each with slivered pistachios. Place sheet on rack in center of oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cookie bottoms are light golden. Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool.