Bell Pepper Salad
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 2
Amount Per SERVING:
Dramatic yet effortless, this main-course salad pairs well with hot French bread and a sumptuous chocolate cake for dessert.
- 1 large bell pepper, yellow, orange or red
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 strips soy “bacon”
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 3 Tbs. snipped dill weed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. pine nuts
- Slice bell pepper in half lengthwise, cutting carefully through stem end to keep end intact while removing stem. Discard seeds and inner membranes, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook soy “bacon” until browned, turning several times, 5 to 7 minutes. Avoid burning.
- Combine beans, peas, dill weed, feta cheese, salt and pepper to taste in mixing bowl, and toss to mix well. Carefully spoon mixture into pepper halves, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.