Grilled Tofu Kabobs Chipotle with Corn on the Cob and Asparagus
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information8 kabobs
Amount Per Serving:
1 cup hot vegetarian "chicken" stock 1 large clove garlic, minced 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari soy sauce 1 chipotle en adobo, minced 1 1/2 Tbs. adobo sauce 1 1/2 tsp. granulated onion 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard 1 1/2 tsp. dried cilantro 2 16-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu 3 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch circles 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into vertical strips, 1-inch wide 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges 12 cherry tomatoes 1 cup pineapple cubes 6 ears corn on the cob, shucked 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- To make Chipotle Marinade: Combine stock, garlic, tamari, chipotle and adobo sauce in liquid measuring cup. Add onion, mustard and cilantro.
- To make Tofu Kabobs: Slice each block of tofu in half horizontally, and, in cross-hatch pattern, make two slices vertically and two slices horizontally for total of 36 tofu cubes. Place tofu in nonreactive 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour marinade over tofu, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Set and light fire using coals or mesquite about 30 minutes before cooking time. Soak bamboo skewers in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Alternating ingredients, thread tofu, vegetables and pineapple cubes on skewers, and set aside.
- Blanch corn, and set aside. Place kabobs over hot coals, and set corn and asparagus on grill. Turning carefully and basting vegetables and tofu often with marinade, cook about 15 minutes, or until done, taking care that vegetables don’t burn.