My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per Serving:
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1½ green peppers, seeded
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Diced green peppers for garnish
- Bread cubes for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor, and pulse until mixture is smooth. Pour soup into serving bowls, and garnish with scallions, green peppers and bread cubes.
Gazpacho is a great example of how a tangy-acidic dish can pair well with a zippy-acidic wine. Like meets like. Because it’s August, the tomatoes are perfect. And as it’s probably hot as blazes, you should choose a lean, crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Try Domaine de Coussergues Sauvignon Blanc.