Savory Eggplant-Dill Muffins
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMAKES 12 MUFFINS
Amount Per SERVING:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 11/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- 2 Tbs. minced onion
- 3/4 lb. eggplant, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners, and set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, dillweed, salt and pepper in large bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in separate bowl. Stir in onion, eggplant and lemon zest. Add to dry ingredients, using as few strokes as possible, just until dry ingredients are moist. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffins begin to brown. Cool before serving.