Minted Couscous with Toasted Pine Nuts
You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 8
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbs. onion soup mix
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup dried currants
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint leaves
- Toast pine nuts in dry saucepan or skillet over medium heat, shaking often to prevent burning, and cook until fragrant and brown. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Combine water, soup mix and olive oil in saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in couscous, peas, currants, chives and mint. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl, fluff mixture with fork, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.