Sugared Sweet Potatoes, Plantains and Apples
You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 8
Amount Per serving:
- 2 very ripe, blackened plantains
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 3 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 3 Tbs. soy margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut ends off plantains, and halve lengthwise. Remove peel by putting thumb between fruit and peel, and pulling thumb down length of fruit. Cut plantain on bias into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Quarter sweet potato lengthwise. Cut each quarter into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Mix apples, plantains and sweet potatoes in large bowl. In separate bowl, combine melted margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and water. Toss sweet potato mixture with brown sugar mixture, and place into ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered. Uncover, and bake 20 minutes more.
With all that’s going on in this dish, keep the wine simple. A not-too-sweet Riesling would work well, something light but not overpowering such as a Columbia Valley Riesling. For a little more adventure and for flavors of fruits and spices to complement this dish, try a German Sparr Gewurztraminer Reserve.