Sibi's Crustless Cranberry-Pecan Pie
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 12
Amount Per SERVING:
This crustless pie is a simple farm recipe that starts with the most basic of staples: flour, sugar, butter and eggs. It's perfect for the holidays since it may be made a day or two ahead and kept in a cool place until needed; besides, it's very moist and easier to slice when cool.
The recipe also works well with dried cranberries, blueberries or pitted sour cherries. It can be baked in an 8-inch pie plate and cut in thin wedges, or in a 9-inch square cake pan and served in thick slices, or in a rectangular pan, as shown, and spooned out. Dust a little confectioners' sugar on top if you like.
- 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter or soy margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 8-inch glass pie plate or 9-inch square cake pan.
2. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until thick and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Fold in flour by hand. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Pour into prepared pan, and spread evenly.
3. Bake 45 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot or cold.