Individual Pepper & Corn Frittatas
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
Frittatas are great party food because they can be made ahead of time and served warm or even at room temperature.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, diced
- 8 green onions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen white or yellow corn kernels
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ancho chile powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites or 12 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain soymilk, milk or water
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jalapeño jack cheese or soy jalapeño cheese
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 8 equal slices
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8 6-oz. ramekins or oven-proof custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set ramekins on baking sheet.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, green onions and corn, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, stir in oregano, cumin, salt and chile powder. Let cool.
- In large bowl, whisk whole eggs, egg whites and soymilk. Add cheese and cooled vegetables, and stir well. Divide mixture among prepared ramekins. Top each frittata with a tomato slice.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until frittatas are set, golden brown and puffy. Let sit 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.