Spicy Grilled Tofu and Green Bean Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 4
Amount Per SERVING:
This is a hearty side dish, or when doubled, a fine salad supper.
- 15 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 5 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. mirin, rice wine or sake
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili paste with garlic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, halved and cut into slivers
- Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
- Wrap tofu in paper towels, and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Pat dry. Slice into 3 pieces horizontally; cut each piece in half. Set aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, vinegar, chili paste and garlic in 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Add tofu, turn over to coat and let sit 15 minutes.
- Spray tofu with cooking spray on all sides, and grill until browned and crusty, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange arugula on large serving platter, then arrange grilled tofu on top of arugula.
- Meanwhile, add green beans and onion to remaining vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill beans and onion on perforated rack, stirring frequently, until beans are tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Arrange beans and onion on top of tofu. Pour any remaining vinaigrette on salad. Serve.