You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 4
Amount Per SERVING:
Yellow tomatoes combine with chickpeas and yellow bell pepper to create this lovely golden-hued soup. If yellow tomatoes are unavailable, use red instead—the results will be pumpkin-colored.
- 1 1/2 lb. ripe yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 scallions, trimmed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup croutons for garnish
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Put tomatoes, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, 1 cup chickpeas and garlic into food processor. Cut green part off scallions, mince and set aside. Coarsely chop white part of scallions, and add to food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Add oil and vinegar, and season with salt to taste. Add dash of cayenne, if using, and process until blended.
- Transfer soup to a large nonmetallic serving dish. Cover, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup chick-peas, croutons, parsley and reserved scallion tops.