Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Chiles
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 4 oranges
- 1 large jicama, peeled and julienned (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers, peeled and sliced into rounds (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeño chiles (1 red, 1 green), finely chopped
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce in large bowl.
- Trim peel and pith from oranges. Cut in half lengthwise, then slice into thin half-moons.
- Add orange slices and remaining ingredients to dressing. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, and chill 1 hour or overnight. Serve on bed of lettuce, garnished with additional orange slices, if desired.