Gnocchi with Fava Beans
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per SERVING:
Happily, gnocchi are now widely available in vacuum-packed bags, which is all the more reason to use these small, oval Italian dumplings in place of pasta. If you can’t find fava beans, just substitute red kidney beans.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 19-oz. can fava beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 13.75-oz. can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1-lb. pkg. vacuum-packed gnocchi
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add fava beans, red peppers and artichoke hearts, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Drain. Transfer gnocchi to large serving bowl, and spoon fava bean mixture over top. Serve hot.