You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups roasted or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8 8-oz. ramekins or 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion slices, and sauté until soft, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add broth, milk, garlic, thyme, nutmeg and bay leaf; bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is reduced to just under 3 cups, about 7 minutes. Remove bay leaf, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add sweet potatoes to liquid. Return to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into ramekins or baking dish; bake 30 minutes for ramekins, 40 minutes for baking dish, basting potatoes occasionally with liquid in dish. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes, and bake ramekins 10 minutes; large dish 20 minutes. Let both rest 5 minutes before serving.