Super-Fast Fondue with Steamed Veggies
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per SERVING:
30 minutes or fewer
Easy to double, this recipe is great for an office lunch group or a small, quick dorm dinner party. Dipping in veggies as well as bread cubes makes fondue a healthier treat. Canít find GruyŤre or Emmentaler cheeses? Just substitute a high-quality Swiss or Jarlsberg. The flavor will be milder, but just as tasty.
- Steamed Vegetables
- 8 baby potatoes
- 8 baby carrots
- 8 medium asparagus, tough ends trimmed, remainder cut in half
- 8 cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb. Gruyère or Emmentaler cheese, grated or cubed (3 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Pinch nutmeg
- 8 2-inch chunks crusty bread
- To prepare Steamed Vegetables: Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 1 minute. Arrange other veggies on plate. Cover veggies with plastic wrap and heat on high power 4 minutes, or until tender.
- To make Fondue: Measure flour into microwave-safe bowl. Stir in broth gradually to prevent lumps. Add cheese and garlic. Cover, and microwave on high 2 minutes. Stir, then cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until smooth and no cheese lumps remain. Remove garlic pieces, and stir in nutmeg. Serve immediately with bread chunks and steamed vegetables.