My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 12
Amount Per SERVING:
Overripe bananas can be frozen and saved for baking. Thaw them just long enough so that you can peel and mash them easily. Note: Be sure to use whole wheat pastry flour; regular whole wheat wonít work. If you canít find it, regular pastry flour will work instead.
- 1 1/3 cups mashed banana (2 to 3 ripe medium bananas)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat 12 standard muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Combine bananas, buttermilk, sugar, wheat bran, oil, egg white and vanilla in large bowl; stir just until blended.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl, and whisk to blend. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.