Herb Butter with Shallots
You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 1 3/4 cups
Amount Per TEASPOON:
Makes 1 3/4 cups
If you think buttered corn on the cob is a little taste of heaven, just wait till you spread those steamed, grilled or roasted ears with flavored butter. Also try it as a bread spread, a pasta sauce or a garnish for vegetables and potatoes.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2 Tbs.)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chervil or tarragon, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill 1/2 hour, or until firm enough to shape into a log.
- Place butter mixture on sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into log, and roll up in plastic. Twist ends to seal. Chill until firm. Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks, or in freezer for 6 months.