Rustic Peach-Blueberry Tart
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. Neufchâtel cheese, diced
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) butter, diced
- 5 medium-size peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Ice cream or 2 cups sweetened whipped cream, optional
1. To make Cornmeal Crust: Pulse flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt in food processor 2 or 3 times to combine. Add cheese and butter, and blend until dough resembles coarse meal. Add 3 Tbs. cold water, and pulse several times, or until dough comes together. Pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. To make Peach-Blueberry Filling: Toss peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Place sheet of parchment paper on work surface, and sprinkle with flour. Roll dough into 12-inch round. Fold in edge 1/2 inch to create sides. Slide parchment and dough onto ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan.
4. Spoon fruit in center of crust with slotted spoon. Discard juices. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F, and bake 20 minutes more, or until crust is crisp and brown. Let cool 10 minutes. Slide tart from parchment onto serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, and top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.