My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 2
Amount Per SERVING (Quick & Easy Smoothie):
Bananas and silken tofu provide a one-two punch of fiber and protein, and give smoothies dairy-free richness. For thicker smoothies, add more ice cubes or freeze your fresh fruit before blending it.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup soft silken tofu (about 4 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup or honey
- 6 ice cubes
SOY SMOOTHIE BASE
1. Place banana, tofu, maple syrup and ice in blender with one of the ingredient combinations below, and process until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses, and serve.
- Quick & Easy: Add 1 cup fruit juice of choice and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit.
- Bright-Eyed & Berry-Laced: Add 1 cup pomegranate-blueberry juice and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.
- Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry: Add 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, and 2 tsp. lime juice.
- Tropical Treat: Add 3/4 cup mango juice, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1/4 cup mango sorbet and 2 Tbs. lime juice.
- Crantastic Creation: Omit syrup from base and add 3/4 cup cranberry juice, 1/2 cup frozen cranberries and 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. cranberry concentrate.