Sweet Potato Fritters with Peach Salsa
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
Incorporating a new recipe at every meal is a challenge Sharman Schubert made these fritters when trying to re-create a meal she had on a trip to
- Peach Salsa
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- Lime Sauce
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. chipotle hot sauce
- 1 40-oz. can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 medium-size onion, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbs. peanut oil
1. To make Peach Salsa: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
2. To make Lime Sauce: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
3. To make Fritters: Mash together sweet potatoes, onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, thyme and pepper in bowl. Shape into 3-inch patties.
4. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry patties 4 minutes on each side, or until brown, using more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Peach Salsa and Lime Sauce.