For extra color, use a combination of potato varieties and serve on a bed of arugula or watercress.
- 1-cup servingServings
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 10-oz. boxes frozen artichoke
- hearts, thawed
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 3 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped, optional
1. Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of salted water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain.
2. Return potatoes to saucepan; heat over high heat with artichokes and oil. Cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add olives, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 5 minutes more, or until fragrant and heated through. Serve garnished with chopped eggs, if using.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 171
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 231 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g