Fast and low in fat, this stewlike dish makes a hearty weeknight meal. Spice it up with hot mustard and serve with brown rice or potatoes.
- 1 14-oz. pkg. vegan bratwurst sausages, such as Tofurky Beer Brats, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 large leeks, halved, white and light green parts sliced into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. unsulphured molasses
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add bratwurst rounds, and cook 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to plate.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray once more, increase heat to high, and add leeks. Cook 4 minutes, or until leeks brown around edges, stirring halfway through. Add tomatoes and liquid, beans, molasses, 3/4 cup water, and bratwurst. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through and liquid is thickened.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 262
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Sodium Content: 875 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g