30 minutes or fewer
Serve this with breads, crackers and celery sticks. Spanish smoked paprika adds an earthy sweetness; it’s available at some specialty food stores and supermarkets or online at tienda.com.
- 2 cups finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Pilsner beer, room temperature
- Place cheeses in food processor. Add Worcestershire, mustard, paprika and garlic powder. Process until blended.
- Add beer slowly, blending until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Refrigerate, covered, up to one week, until ready to use.
- Serving Size: Makes about 2 cups
- Calories: 42
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg