Every diet needs chocolate. This creamy, calcium-rich pudding uses dark chocolate, which adds antioxidants as well as yum. Look for a bar that’s 70 percent chocolate.
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 strawberries as garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds as garnish, optional
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat or in microwave on medium power. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into blender or food processor, add ricotta cheese and purée until very smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Chill at least 30 minutes. To serve, garnish with berries and nuts, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 145
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g