“Braising” is just a culinary term for quickly browning foods, then simmering them to cook all the way through. In this one-pot meal, frozen artichokes add flavor without any fat.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large russet potatoes (1 1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into 6 rounds each
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 tomatoes, coarsely diced (1 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 8-oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbs. capers, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon, halved
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Pat potatoes dry, then arrange in single layer in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes per side, or until potatoes are golden brown.
2. Move potatoes to one side of skillet. Place garlic and red pepper in opposite side of skillet. Add tomatoes, edamame, artichokes, capers and lemon zest. Add wine and 1/2 cup water, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add basil; season with salt and pepper. Simmer 3 minutes more.
4. Spoon mixture onto plates. Squeeze lemon over each portion, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 321 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g