Serve this hearty Broccoli-and-Cheddar-Stuffed Baked Potatoes recipe for an easy lunch or dinner. The “bacon” bits are made from soy; brands like Frontier and Lightlife offer them in all-natural form. If desired, you can individually wrap each prepared stuffed potato in foil and freeze. Bake at 350°F to defrost and cook through, about 30 minutes. See alsoSeared Tofu Cutlets or Chicken Breasts over Wild Mushrooms, with Creamy Sage & Green-Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 large baking potatoes (10 oz. each)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, stems cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. soy “cheddar cheese,” shredded (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. soy “sour cream”
- 2 tsp. soy “bacon” bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine broccoli, salt and 2/3 cup water. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until broccoli is just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells. With fork, mix “cheese” and “sour cream” into potato flesh; fold in cooked broccoli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Heap filling into potato shells, packing lightly. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon “bacon” bits over each, pressing into place. Set stuffed potatoes on prepared baking sheet and bake until “cheese” has melted and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 424 mg