Vegan30 minutes or fewer
This one-pot meal is a hearty, satisfying way to welcome the cool breezes of fall. If you can’t find Swiss chard, spinach also works well.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium-size leeks, white and tender green parts chopped
- 1 lb. Swiss chard, stems cut into 1-inch pieces, leaves torn into large pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tsp.)
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup bulgur
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and chard stems, and cook 4 minutes, or until softened, stirring often. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and chard leaves. Cover, and cook 5 minutes, or until leaves are wilted, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth and bulgur. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Remove pan from heat, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 660 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g