30 minutes or fewer
This tri-colored salad reflects private chef and 2005 Recipe Contest Finalist Alyssa Moreau’s passion for the Asian produce she finds in Hawaii, which includes white and purple sweet potatoes. White sweet potatoes are common in upscale stores in the continental United States, but purple ones can be tricky to find, so feel free to substitute regular purple potatoes for a salad that is slightly less sweet.
- 1 medium-sized yam, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium-sized white sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 2 large purple sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbs. rice or cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
- vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- To make Salad: Put all potatoes in pot; add enough salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender but not soft. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to large bowl.
- Toss potatoes with corn, beans, bell peppers, onion and cilantro.
- To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients. Pour over potato mixture, and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 219 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g