Fruit soups are perfect summertime sweeteners—and the flavors of this berry combination are heightened by a dash of cinnamon and a spoonful of vegan sour cream. Edible flower petals glamorize this delectable dessert—or appetizer.
- 3 ¼ cups Port wine
- 2 cups berries, combination blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- 4 Tbs. vegan sour cream
- Edible flower petals for garnish
- Heat 3 cups Port wine in saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Stir in berries and sugar, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes; alcohol will evaporate.
- Combine cornstarch with remaining ¼ cup Port wine. Stir cornstarch mixture and cinnamon into soup, and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour soup into large serving bowls, and top each bowl with equal portions of vegan sour cream.
- Garnish soup with edible flower petals before serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 2 TO 3
- Calories: 560
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 60 mg
- Sugar Content: 59 g