This recipe is like two desserts in one: a rich fudge sauce when warm and a decadent chocolate-banana pudding when chilled.
- 3 medium-size bananas
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 kiwis, peeled, halved crosswise and sliced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake whole unpeeled bananas 15 minutes, or until black and soft. Cut tips and squeeze flesh into bowl of food processor.
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes, or until chocolate has melted. Whisk in syrup and vanilla. Purée chocolate mixture with bananas until smooth.
- Divide fruit among 6 bowls, and drizzle with chocolate-banana ganache. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g