Also called palmiers, these quick cookies are made by folding cinnamon and sugar into layers of prepared puff pastry.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 17.3-oz. pkg. puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Sprinkle work surface with 1/4 cup sugar mixture.
2. Open 1 puff pastry sheet, with 3 fold lines parallel to edge of work surface. Roll with rolling pin 3 times to close any cracks. Spread 2 Tbs. sugar mixture on puff pastry. Roll lightly to press in sugar mixture. Flip, and repeat to coat second side.
3. Fold short ends to first fold line. Fold again so 2 folds meet at middle of dough. Fold 1 half over other to make log. Cut into 15 slices. Dip cut sides in remaining sugar on work surface, and place on prepared baking sheet, cut-side up. Repeat with remaining puff pastry and sugar mixture.
4. Bake 6 minutes, or until sugar begins to caramelize on bottoms. Flip with spatula, and bake 3 to 5 minutes more, or until caramelized on both sides. Cool on wire rack.
- Serving Size: Makes 30 cookies
- Calories: 111
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 41 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g