People who love salsa will find this version irresistible. Try it with your favorite tortilla chips, on sandwiches or simply on a bed of crisp lettuce as a side salad. It's light, clean and exceptionally refreshing. Use cherry tomatoes if regular ones aren't in season. Makes about 2 cups.
- 3 clementines, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (about 1 1/4 lb.) chopped very ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 6 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
Combine all ingredients in bowl, and mix to blend. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice or salt if desired. This salsa is even better the next day.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g