30 minutes or fewer
Turnips may sound unusual in this North African–inspired stew, but they balance the flavor and texture of the dish.
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 10-oz. pkg. Parmesan-flavored instant couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 medium-sized turnips, peeled and diced
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen peas
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Italian-style baked tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Bring 2 cups broth to a boil. Put couscous, parsley and 1 Tbs. olive oil in large serving dish. Pour hot broth over mixture, stir to combine; cover, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add turnips, cumin and pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green onions, peas, tofu and remaining broth. Mix in 1/4 cup mint leaves. Cook 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Fluff couscous with fork. Reheat 1 minute in microwave, if necessary.
- Make well in middle of couscous, and fill with ragoût. Garnish with remaining mint leaves and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 384
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 967 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g