- 1 head broccoli
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large leeks, whites only, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 /2 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 C low-fat plain yogurt
1. Remove the stalk of the broccoli. Peel the stalk and cut it into 1" pieces. Cut the broccoli tips into florets, and set aside. Warm the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the broccoli stalk, leeks, herbs and spices. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the leeks soften and the spices become fragrant.
2. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and cover, cooking for 10 minutes, until they are soft and bright green. Add the salt and yogurt. Use an immersion blender, or transfer to a standing blender in batches to blend. Serve immediately.
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings