30 minutes or fewer
This vegan creamy broccoli soup is rich and thick like a cream-based soup, without the fat or guilt. Hint: It’s blending the veggies that makes it so hearty. See also Why You Need a Soup Cleanse This Winter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 lb. broccoli, florets separated, stems peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds (about 6 cups)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion, and cook 7 minutes over medium heat, or until softened, stirring often. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Add broth, 2 cups water, broccoli and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Purée soup in batches in food processor. Return to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 77
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 714 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g