30 minutes or fewer
This is just the ticket for curry aficionados. It’s good as is or served over rice. If your taste is adventurous, increase the amountof curry powder, and add 1/2 tsp. of dried crushed red pepper.
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. curry powder, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- To make Dressing: Combine all ingredients in small bowl; stir until well blended. Set aside.
- To make Salad: Combine carrot, bell pepper, tomato, raisins and chickpeas in medium bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing, and pour remaining dressing over chickpea mixture,tossing gently to coat.
- To serve, divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates, and drizzle each serving with about 1 Tbs. dressing. Top each serving with chickpea mixture.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g