30 minutes or fewer
Cold precooked rice is best for stir-fried rice dishes, so it’s smart to make a little extra when you’re boiling rice for other meals. Brown rice is used here, but basmati or jasmine rice are delicious alternatives.
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 5 scallions, minced
- 3 to 4 Tbs. tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked shelled edamame
- 4 cups cold cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, bell pepper and scallions, and stir-fry until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add tamari, edamame and rice, and stir-fry until combined and heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Sodium Content: 840 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g