The garlicky olive spread makes this appetizer anything but ordinary. Even your most sophisticated guests will keep having “just one more.”
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 oz. pitted black oil-cured olives (1 heaping cup)
- 6 extra-large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 24 slices whole wheat baguette, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1 bunch chives cut into 3-inch lengths
- Tiny dill sprigs for garnish
- Put garlic into feed tube of food processor with processor running, and chop. Add olives, and process to coarse paste, scraping down sides.
- Trim off short (yolkless) ends of eggs. Cut each egg crosswise into 4 slices.
- To assemble, spread olive paste on each slice of bread. Crisscross 2 chives on top. Set one slice of egg in middle. Press dill sprigs into yolk. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 dinner servings, 24 appetizers
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg