30 minutes or fewer
We guarantee this incredibly simple dish will become a weeknight favorite. To speed things up at mealtime, steam the asparagus beforehand, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 lb. medium asparagus, trimmed and, if desired, peeled
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cook asparagus in large, deep skillet of salted boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Grease 4 individual oven-proof gratin dishes. Divide asparagus between them; season with thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with half of cheese.
- Heat butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then fry eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, until whites are set, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully transfer 1 egg to each gratin dish using a slotted spatula, placing on top of asparagus and cheese. Sprinkle eggs with remaining cheese, and drizzle with any butter remaining in skillet.
- Bake until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked as desired, 4 to 5 minutes for runny yolks. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 240 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 320 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g