Best when peaches are at their prime, this refreshingly chilled soup is both light and delicate, depending on the peach’s succulent flavor for its success.
- 2 cantaloupes
- 1 peach, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/2 cup Rhine, White Zinfandel or other fruity wine
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 Tbs. toasted pine nuts for garnish
- 1 cup raspberries for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Slice cantaloupes in half crosswise, leaving flat ends intact. Scoop out seeds, and remove flesh from both melons, leaving an inner layer. Use flesh from 1/2 melon only, reserving remainder for another use.
- Place melon flesh, peach, peach nectar, wine and lime juice in blender, and process until smooth. Pour into container, and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, pour about 1 cup soup into each melon half, and garnish with pine nuts, raspberries and mint leaves.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 30 mg
- Sugar Content: 33 g