30 minutes or fewer
Fresh mint takes on a very different flavor when it’s cooked—it tastes a bit like oregano, which is also a member of the mint family. These light appetizers can be assembled ahead of time, then broiled just before serving.
- 2 medium-size zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 roasted red peppers from jar, drained, rinsed and chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- Scoop out centers of zucchini slices, leaving ¼-inch-thick shell. Steam 4 minutes, or until just tender. Set in baking pan.
- Toss together red peppers, feta, mint and pine nuts in bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Spoon filling into zucchini cups, mounding slightly. Broil 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 53
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 181 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g