These simple “crèmes” are made of vanilla ice cream topped with a brûlée of soft caramel, but you can’t beat the luscious flavor combination or the ultra-elegant presentation.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Fresh berries or mint sprigs for garnish, if desired
- Spread 1/2 cup ice cream into 4 oval crème brûlée ramekins. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to make sure sugar dissolves. Using pastry brush dipped in water, wipe down inner sides of saucepan to dissolve any sugar crystals that cling. Cook mixture about 10 minutes, or until it begins to caramelize (swirl pot to brown evenly). Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until caramel is medium-brown. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 Tbs. water. Let cool 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in evaporated milk. Cool completely.
- Spread thin layer of cooled caramel over ice cream in ramekins. Return to freezer until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh berries or mint sprig, if desired.
- Serving Size: SERVES
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 46 g