30 minutes or fewerVegan
A nonstick skillet is a must for this recipe—it makes the garlic cling to the tofu and form a sort of crust.
- 10 oz. whole wheat linguine
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pasta sauce
- 12 oz. baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz. baby spinach, washed
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Warm pasta sauce in pot over medium-low heat.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add tofu, and cook 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned, turning often. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more, or until tofu is coated with browned garlic. Transfer to plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Add spinach to same skillet. (Add spinach in batches, if necessary, stirring to wilt so remainder will fit.) Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Divide cooked pasta among 4 individual plates. Top each with equal amounts of spinach then garlic tofu. Spoon sauce on top, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 506
- Carbohydrate Content: 70 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 18 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 847 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g