30 minutes or less
Lush summertime tomatoes are ripening
on the vine, but you can still indulge in sunny gazpacho with canned crushed tomatoes to anticipate the season. As a main course, the soup pairs well with cheese sandwiches. Adapted from Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Meals Veggie Meals.
- 1 32-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz. cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 seedless, long European cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 serrano or jalapeo pepper, seeded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 rib celery, from the tender heart of stalk, cut into chunks
- Few sprigs fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wedges of fresh lime or lemon for garnish
- Put all ingredients except lime wedges in a food processor, and pulse grind until a thick, smooth soup is formed. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve in chilled glasses or bowls garnished with several wedges of fresh lime or lemon.
- Serving Size: SERVES 2
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 900 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g