This pudding commemorates George Washington and his cherry tree, with layers of cherry flavorings throughout. It comes together quickly and may be served warm or chilled.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1 14-oz. pkg. lite silken soft tofu, drained
- 1 Tbs. honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 2 3-oz. pkg. dried tart cherries
- 1 8-oz. container nonfat cherry yogurt
- 4 Tbs. cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
- Put tofu into mixing bowl, and, using electric beater, whip until smooth. Stir in honey, sugar and vanilla extract; mix until well blended. Stir in cherries and couscous.
- Pour mixture into decorative serving bowl. Spread yogurt over top, and garnish with dollops of cherry preserves. Sprinkle almonds on top, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 38 g