Using a steamer to cook vegetable flans keeps them soft and creamy.
- 4 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup crumbled aged goat cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. garlic oil
- To make Flans: Coat 4 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Arrange 3 tomato slices in bottom of each ramekin.
- Pulse spinach, peas, and eggs in food processor until smooth. Add milk, salt, and nutmeg; process until combined. Pour half of mixture into prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then top with remaining egg mixture. Cover with squares of foil coated with cooking spray. Place in bottom basket of steamer.
- To make Salad: Arrange asparagus in top basket of steamer, and cover. Fill large skillet with 2 inches water, and bring to a boil. Place steamer in skillet, and reduce heat to medium. Steam asparagus 6 minutes; cool until easy to handle. Cook Flans 6 minutes more, then remove from heat.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Toss together arugula, basil, bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic oil, and asparagus. Unmold Flans onto plates and surround with Salad.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 201
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 118 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 273 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g