Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- approximately 6 cupsServings
- 1 1/4 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 small lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound carrot (1 large), cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1. Prepare Brussels sprouts: Brussels may be sliced by hand (1/8 inch), with a Japanese mandolin, or in a food processor with shredding attachment.
2. In large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with lemon juice.
3. In large sauté pan (at least 12 inches), heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add diced carrots and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of wine, lower heat and continue to cook until carrots are bright orange but still crunchy.
4. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, poppy seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add remaining ¼ cup of wine. Cook until Brussels sprouts are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
5. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
See Also: Tabouleh