Thanks to the proliferation of farmers’ markets, consumers now have a stunning choice of tomatoes in a rainbow of colors and a cascade of shapes and sizes. This salsa is a great recipe to experiment with the many varieties.
- 1/4-cup servingServings
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. chopped green onion tops
- 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Remove seeds from tomatoes and set aside. Dice tomatoes and put into medium bowl. In blender, combine tomato seeds, chile pepper, lime juice and cilantro; process until puréed. Add purée and green onions to tomatoes. Stir in olive oil. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 cups
- Calories: 44
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 41 mg