30 minutes or fewer
The cucumber sandwich is the aristocrat of the tea table: cool, gracious and proper. Here, it’s given a modern and flavorful twist with herbed goat cheese. Makes 24.
- 8 thin slices whole wheat bread
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 24 thin slices English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 bunch watercress
- Using 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from bread slices.
- Place goat cheese, parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon zest and pepper in large, resealable plastic bag. Close bag, and squeeze ingredients until well combined.
- Snip one corner of bag. Squeeze dollops of goat cheese mixture onto bread circles. Press cucumber slices into cheese, and top with sprigs of watercress.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g